Text: Judges 4:8–9 (KJV)
8 And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go. 9 And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh.
Friends, God instructed Barak to lead Israel into battle with the assurance of victory. Although he obeyed, he hesitated and insisted that Deborah accompany him. Because of this hesitation, the honour of defeating Sisera was given to Jael instead. While Barak still participated in God's victory, he missed a unique opportunity for greater honour because his obedience was mixed with fear and uncertainty. . Isaiah 1:19 - If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land. So, delayed or partial obedience can cost us opportunities that God has prepared for us. God often opens doors that require immediate faith and complete obedience. Sometimes we delay because we are waiting for perfect conditions, more resources, or greater confidence. Yet God's blessings are often released when we respond promptly to His voice. Ecclesiastes 11:4 says, "He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap." Faith moves forward even when every question has not been answered.
Amazingly, every act of obedience positions us for greater blessings, deeper spiritual growth, and a stronger testimony. Therefore, God's instructions are never meant to limit us but to lead us into His best. Therefore, respond quickly whenever He speaks through His Word or by His Spirit. As James 1:22 encourages us, "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only." Obedience today can open doors that will bless generations tomorrow. I pray we shall act now in Jesus name.
Prayer Point:
Father, I receive the grace for a willing heart as to obey You promptly so that I will never miss the opportunities You have prepared for me, in Jesus' name.
Action Quote: Remember, every step of obedience opens the door to God's next opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please post your comments here: