Geophia Motivational Words

This is a daily blogger motivational platform where you read, get inspired, and provoked to live daily with gladness as a personal responsibility to life. You can also join live on Facebook Monday to Friday 9am-9:30am

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

IT IS I; BE NOT AFRAID

 

Scripture: John 6:20 (KJV)

But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.”

Friends, the disciples were in the middle of the sea when they encountered a frightening situation. The wind was blowing, the waves were troubling them, and fear could easily have taken control. Then, they saw Jesus walking on the sea towards them and said, “It is I; be not afraid.”  Notice that Jesus did not first explain the situation; He revealed His presence. Their peace came from knowing who was with them. Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. We become afraid because we focus so much on the storm that we forget the One who is with us. Yes, we may not understand what is happening, and the situation may look beyond our ability, but God's presence remains greater than the circumstances around us. Deuteronomy 31:8 - And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Amazingly, when Jesus says, “It is I,” He is reminding us that we are not facing the situation alone. His presence brings courage when our strength is failing, peace when our minds are troubled, and hope when the way ahead seems uncertain.  Psalm 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Therefore, do not allow fear to have the final word. Look beyond the storm and recognize the presence of Jesus. The same Lord who was with the disciples in the middle of the sea is able to sustain you through whatever you are facing today in Jesus name.

Reflection - Am I focusing more on the storm around me or on the presence of Jesus with me?

Prayer Point:

Lord Jesus, may we recognize Your presence even in difficult situations as fear rises, remind us that You are with us by your courage and confidence in Jesus' name, Amen.

Action Quote: Remember, the presence of Jesus does not mean there will never be a storm; it means you never have to face the storm alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here: